We are going to build in Minecraft but using code not mouse clicks
- Send messages
- Work out where Steve is and what he is standing on
- Test IF something is true
- Teleport Steve into the sky and watch him drop!
The learning materials here will updated with improvements from our last session, check for updates each time you lead this session.
- in the ‘Game’ section on the left there is a ‘Say hi in chat’ box.
- drag that into the middle
- hit ‘Run’ (Top left on screen)
Work out where Steve is and what he is standing on?
- Steve is the “Player” character
- use “Get Player Tile Position”
IF Steve is on Grass THEN Teleport Steve into the sky and watch him drop!
- ADD THE TEST
- “Create Position from (Player Position) offset by”
- Change the y in that offset to 50
- Get “Move Player to” and get rid of the 0,0,0 position and drag the newly created Position in to the empty socket
- run it
Change the “Block” Steve is standing on
And then go on to…..
- Use set Make a tall tower just to the side of where you are
Make a swimming pool
- Create 2 new “Position”s offset from the Player Position
- one at x -5 , y 0, z -5
- another at x 5, y -2, z 5
- Set Blocks between those 2 positions to water
- make Big bits of Air under the ground
yellow brick roads or anything else!
Try the sprites and the
Minecraft Pi Edition Hints
- A,W,S,D to move
- Mouse to look around
- left click to Mine
- right click to build
- mouse wheel to change what you will build with
- E for inventory
- A,W,S,D works in inventory, enter to choose (The mouse will not work properly in on this screen in full screen mode)
- In maximised window mouse doesn’t go down to the bottom causing issues connecting games together, you need to restore the window and re-maximise after connection.
- Nothing explodes or is active (no Redstone) but this hacking stuff can be done on the full version if you can setup a bukkit server (instuctions on website)